Today I’m starting a new monthly series on my blog called Monthly Makeup Focus; basically I’m going to “shop my stash” and pull out products that I feel need to be used and/or want to use, share them with you, use them for an entire month, and then report back on them at the beginning of the following month. Then I’ll do it all over again!
Why am I doing this? A few reasons: a) to make sure I’m utilizing all (or at least most) of the products in my collection and not just using those products that are near and dear to me and b) to keep on top of my decluttering effort from last year; if I use something for a month and hate it, it doesn’t belong in my collection and I’m getting rid of it and lastly, c) to hold myself accountable. While I did pretty well with my Project Pan last year when I wasn’t using those products, I had a tendency to reach for the same old eyeshadow palettes or lipstick in my collection. If I commit, in writing, to focus on two blushes for the month of March, I feel I’ll be less likely to stray from that commitment if I have to review them both in a few weeks. That’s my logic anyway.
- The products I select will be a mix of products currently in my collection and new products I’ve obtained through PR or purchased on my own.
- I commit to using those products for an entire month and not straying outside of them, the exception being any PR products I receive that have a deadline for testing.
- My products won’t be limited to just makeup (despite the series name) – I’m going to be including skincare, bodycare, haircare and tools.
- This series will be run in conjunction with my 2018 Project Pan but won’t overlap (i.e I won’t be pulling any of project pan products into this series but they’re obviously still going to be used).
- I commit to reviewing each product I select, either in a mini review in my wrap up post for the month or in a seperate, more detailed review if I feel it warrants one.
Disclaimer: I’m not sure how this is going to turn out but I’m going to give it a try!
PRODUCTS FOR JANUARY
So, I realize we are now 2 weeks into January and I’m a little late with this but I had some other posts to get up before this one. Rest assured though, I selected my products for January at the beginning of the month and I’ve been sticking to my rules of using only them, which I’m feeling pretty good about! Here’s what I selected for January:
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Face & Body Stick Sunscreen & SheerZinc Face Minerals Sunscreen*
- Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum
- Ole Henrikson Nurture Me Moisturizing Cream
- Delia Organics Dose of C Eye Magnify
- elf Illuminating Palette
- it Cosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination (Light)
- Physicians Formula InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer
- Milani Baked Blush (Luminoso)
Stay tuned for my wrap-up post in a couple of weeks – thanks for reading!
*Denotes PR products sent to me for review.