1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I have so many it’s hard to choose just one! So I’m going to say it’s a tie between elf and Home Alone – I love them both equally. Runners up: National Lampoons Christmas Vacation; Mickey’s Christmas Carol; How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
Many – I live in Canada and we’re very close to the mountains so it’s rare if we don’t have snow at Christmas, although it seems like this year it could be a very strong possibility 🙁
3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
At home; almost all of our family is here so we never have to travel
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Mariah Carey – Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
No, I always wanted to when I was a kid but I was never allowed. As an adult I’m happy to save all the presents for Christmas morning
6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dancer, Prancer, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid….something, something….and Rudolph. 7 out of 9 isn’t bad I guess?
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I LOVE Christmas Eve; we keep it very casual and indulge in delicious appies and drinks and watch Christmas movies. It’s relaxing and if I have to choose between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I’m picking Christmas Eve every time.
I also love watching Food Network at this time of year – Holiday Baking Championship is my favourite and I usually throw it on while I’m baking myself.
I like making a gingerbread house every year too; I usually buy a pre-made kit but next year I want to make one from scratch.
8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
I go a bit crazy with Christmas trees; this year I have three large ones (and too many small ones to count) in our house, with one being real and two being fake. The only thing I don’t like is stringing the lights on them – it’s a time consuming and painful process.
9. What is your all-time favourite holiday food/sweet treat?
Again, how am I supposed to pick just one? Honestly, I can’t. There’s so many things I look forward to every year – my Toblerone Shortbread cookies, my Mom’s baking, turkey, gravy, and stuffing; the Taco Dip I make on Christmas Eve….the list goes on and on…
10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
When I was a kid, it was all about receiving gifts. But the older I get, it’s definitely more about the giving.
11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
Okay this is a hard one; I’ve received many great gifts over the years. I’m going to go with my Screaming Goat Figurine from last year.
12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I’d love to visit New York City and see all of their amazing window displays and skate at Rockefeller Center.
13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
Definitely not a pro; I can wrap presents okay but it’s nothing special.
14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
As a kid, waking up on Christmas morning to race to the tree to see what Santa brought me.
15. When did you realize the truth about Santa?
I was actually quite old when I told about it; it was in fifth grade and my teacher said something along the lines of “Everyone knows Santa isn’t real right?” and my heart sank. I still love Christmas but it lost a bit of it’s magic for me after that.
16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I do but I prefer to call them goals. Whether I stick to them or achieve them is hit and miss; some years I do well, others not so much.
17. What makes the holidays special for you?
Spending quality time with my family!
If you do this tag too, let me know so I can come and read your answers!