Greetings! I’m back from an unintentional blog hiatus – I’ve been traveling over the last few weeks and I planned on getting some blogging done while away but with internet that wasn’t the best and the fact that photo editing is not the easiest on my iPad, I decided just to take a break and resume when I returned. It was a nice break but I’m itching to get back at it and I have lots of catching up to do.
I’m kind of disappointed that I haven’t done any Christmas/holiday-related posts yet…and given that Christmas is exactly a week away, I’m not sure there’s much point in doing many of them. But I wanted to share my Christmas Wish list for the year, because it’s an easy post to do and it’s a fun one too! I love reading about what others are hoping for as well, so if you’ve done a list this year, please link it below so I can take a read.
There isn’t a lot that I’m hoping for this year, if I’m being honest. I find the older I get, the less I am concerned in receiving specific things, and just appreciate the sentiment and thought behind them. That said, when I was asked what I wanted this year, these are the ideas I gave them:
1) SUGAR PAPER KATE CHAMPAGNE DESK CALENDAR: Okay, this is a bit of an extravagant gift, especially given that it’s just a calendar. But it’s Kate Spade and it’s so pretty and it’d look perfect on my desk.
2) EXPRESSIONS MUG: I love the quote on this mug – such a good reminder while I’m sipping on my morning tea or hot chocolate!
3) HOT SHOT TOOLS BLACK PEARL BUBBLE WAND: I’m all about loose waves and my BedHead curling iron that’s close to 12 years old (and still going strong!) still works really well; but I’d like to mix it up a bit and based on what I’ve read, bubble wands can give you that mermaid-style curl.
4) SEPHORA GIFT CARD: Or any gift card! Because shopping.
5) GLAD TIDINGS PEANUTS NATIVITY SET: I’ve been eyeing this nativity set for years – who doesn’t love the Peanuts Crew?
6) BATH & BODY WORKS HOT BUTTERED RUM 3-WICK CANDLE: I’ve gotten through more candles this year than I ever have and I need to replenish my stash! I’m a fan of most of B&BW candles with the exception of anything floral scented.
7) MODERN MOOSE DOG PENDULUM CLOCK: I think these are for kids but that’s not going to stop me from wanting this.
8) CROFTERS PLAID HERRINGBONE WEAVE THROW: I want for my home office – it gets chilly in there and this is so soft and warm and cozy!
9) CHECKERED READING SOCKS: I never used to be a big sock person, despite the fact that my feet are always like solid blocks of ice. But the more socks I wear, the more I want to wear and these are a nice alternative to slippers when it’s chilly out and I’m cozied up reading a book or blogging.
10) SUGARFINA PARTY PENGUINS: ‘Tis the time for ask for overpriced things that you don’t ever buy yourself…or that you don’t buy often at least. Sugarfina fits that bill perfectly and who can resist peach flavoured penguin gummies?
11) LAVENDER VANILLA LUXURY BATH: Bubble baths are one of my favourite things and I love having several bath products to choose from when I go take one. This is one of my personal favourites – it’s thick, luxurious, and relaxing and it really does help me fall asleep!
12) SAJE ULTRASONIC DIFFUSER: I literally cried last year when I dropped my Saje diffuser and shattered it into a million pieces. So getting a replacement has topped my list this year because I miss it so. These are amazing if you’re sick or just daily to infuse essential oils into your home.
13) EXPRESSION CHEESEBOARD: Agreed – cheese is never a bad idea. And as an avid lover of cheese, cheeseboards, charcuterie and everything in between, you’ll never heard me complain about receiving something related to any of those things.
What did you ask Santa for this year? 😉