The Sephora VIB Sale starts this Friday and I’ve been contemplating what I should pick up. I’m scaling back a bit this year – there’s not a ton of exciting things that I’m really interested in. Originally I contemplated picking up another palette – but then decided that I really need to start using what I already own; instead I may pick up a few single shadows to add to my Z palette. I have no real interest in the holiday sets that I’ve seen either, is it just me or are they all really boring and overdone this year? Of course, all of this could be thrown out the window once I get in-store/online. Here are my initial thoughts:
- Juice Beauty Smoothing Eye Concentrate: I’ve been on the hunt for a new eye cream and I like the sounds of this one. I want something that is lightweight but will still moisturize and help reduce the look of the fine lines that have started to make a more pronounced appearance. I appreciate that this is comprised of more natural ingredients as well.
- Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask: I’m always on the lookout for something to soothe my chronically dry, peeling lips that get a million times worse in the Winter months. This intrigues me but I’m a little worried about the extensive ingredient list.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush (Exposed): Do I need another blush? Not at all, in fact it’s probably one of the makeup items that I have the most of. But I’ve been lusting over this for a while and it looks like a great neutral, everyday blush.
- Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel: I had this product in my possession up until about a year ago and then it ran out and I never repurchased it. It’s one of those exfoliating gels that you massage into your face and it sloughs off the dead skin; other than the fact that I like it because I can physically see that it’s doing something to my skin, I love how soft and smooth my face feels after using it. This is not cheap but it will last a while as I only use it two times a week max.
- Tarte Tartesist Double Take Eyeliner: I swatched this in store and was impressed with its pigmentation and lasting powder. My sample sizes of my Kat von D liners are almost used up and while I liked those, this seems like it might be a little easier to work with.
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana Bourbon (Rollerball): I always like to pick up a new perfume, preferably in rollerball form as it’s a great way to test out a fragrance without committing to the full-size. I really like the scent of this (woodsy yet sweet) and it’ll be great for the winter months ahead.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: This is the only eyeshadow primer I’ve tried that actually works with every shadow I own; I also love it because a little goes a long way so it lasts forever.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Dry Shampoo: Everyone raves about this dry shampoo and while I’m reluctant to stray from my beloved Batiste, I use dry shampoo so often that I feel I need to give it a try – in travel size of course!
- Too Faced Melted Matte Liquified Long Wear Matte Lipstick (Candy Cane): Someone slap me for even considering another liquid lipstick – I haven’t found one that I can wear comfortably yet. But this is a beautiful, vibrant colour and it smells delicious. Also the packaging is adorable!
What, if anything, are you planning on picking up at the Sephora sale? Let me know below!