A few weeks ago I saw the Get to Know Me tag on Spiffykerms and it seemed like a fun tag so I’m doing it too. I’m a pretty private person so I don’t like to share too much but every once and a while I’ll throw a selfie up on Instagram or answer some personal questions. On to it!
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Spending time with my husband and family. Maggie. Traveling. Blue skies and sunshine. Reading a great book. Finding a great deal. Oh and how could I forget? Goats!!!
2. What are your vices? Candy. Laziness. Shopping.
3. What is on your nightstand? Hand cream, lip balm, whatever book I happen to be reading or my e-reader, a glass of water and my iPhone.
4. Do you have a secret talent? Prepare yourself….I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. #sotalented
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Pizza. I never get sick of it and if I could pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, that would be it.
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Travel outside of your country! It’s fascinating to see how other people live and it always makes me appreciate home more, while also increasing my desire to travel and see more of the world.
7. What makes you laugh? Sarcasm; memes; the occasional uncomfortable situation (I can’t help it – it’s my default reaction and it makes an awkward situation even more awkward) Oh and people falling/tripping, as long as they aren’t seriously hurt. I’m a klutz and I’ve had many cringe-worthy “incidents” and I’ve always been laughed at in addition to laughing at myself (once I determined that no, the earth doesn’t come and swallow you up even if you just basically did the splits in the rain on a rooftop patio in front of about a hundred people) so I figure I’m justified.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I’m a really picky eater, although I’ve come a long way in the last 5 years. I hate tomatoes but I like tomato sauce, salsa, etc. I hate cucumbers but I LOVE dill pickles. It’s complicated.
9. What is on your bucket list? Fly in a private jet. Visit the Amalfi Coast of Italy. Take a pottery class. Get a tattoo. Visit New York in December. Learn to run and love it.
10. What is on your feet right now? I’m in the house so I have no shoes on. But I live in my Reef flip flops in the Summer.
11. How did you make your first dollar? Babysitting.
12. What superstition do you believe in? I believe in a few but the most common would be to “Knock on Wood”.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? Jeans and t-shirts for sure; I add a sweater/cardi in the winter.
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? My husband surprised me a few years ago with an upgraded wedding/engagement ring. It was a total surprise and it was/is absolutely perfect, he picked it out himself and it’s exactly what I would have chosen. 🙂
15. What is on your liquor shelf? Flavoured vodka (Cherry is my fave) and Malibu Coconut Rum.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? A fruit bowl filled with bananas; a Blendtec; toaster; pepper grinder; bottle of canola oil; napkin holder. Pretty standard yet boring stuff.
17. What would you never leave home without? My wedding ring (I feel naked without it), lip balm, cell phone and my wallet.
I’m not going to tag anyone specifically but encourage anyone else who’s interested to do this tag – it’s a fun one! Thanks for reading! 🙂