It’s that time of the year again – another Sephora shopping event is here! I’m a VIB Rouge so from what I understand I get to start shopping on the 7th, which is tomorrow. However I still haven’t received an email from them notifying me of the sale. And, okay, can I just vent a bit? There really is nothing of any kind of significance that differentiates between being a VIB Rouge and a VIB. Aside from the fact that as a VIB Rouge, I spend $650 more a year but basically get a few small perks that definitely don’t make spending that much more worth it. In my mind, for events like these, Rouge should get 20% instead of 15%. Or we should get more free samples or something. SOMETHING! I’m not sure I see myself striving towards Rouge status this year, although I don’t really tend to do that anyway, it just kind of happens. But I think I might explore other options such as Shoppers Drug Mart where I can actually use my points to get free stuff. Why isn’t Ulta in Canada? Ugh. /end rant.
Okay, now that I’ve got that out of the way, let’s move on to what I plan to purchase from this god-forsaken store. I always love reading/seeing what everyone else is buying so hopefully you’re sharing your shopping list too:
- Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm – $36 CAD: I’m out of an everyday face cleanser and I was going to buy this guy last year but I don’t remember why I didn’t, I think I purchased Sephora’s Green Tea Cleanser instead. Regardless I’m definitely picking this up this time around, I’m excited to give a cleansing balm a whirl.
- UD Gwen Stefani Lipstick (Firebird) – $21 CAD: Love this shade, I think it’s going to be perfect for spring and summer.
- Tarte Rainforest After Dark Coloured Clay Eye & Cheek Palette – $48 CAD: If you read my first What Should I Buy post, you’ll know that this was one of many contenders in the Multi-Purposes palette line up. I’m 95% sure this what I’m going with, unless something unexpected makes an appearance in-store. I just love the colours in this and feel they’ll work really well with my skin tone.
- Too Faced Loved Flush Blush Wardrobe – $45 CAD: Not sure I really need a blush palette but this looks so pretty, plus I love Too Faced products. I think I want to take a closer look at this in store before I commit to it though.
- Sephora Kiss Me Balm (Soda Pop) – $8 CAD: I always eyed this up in the checkout area but aside from the scent, didn’t think it seemed all that great. However, after reading Stash Matters review, I think I’m going to give it a try. It helps that I love anything that smells like soda/cola/Coke/Pepsi.
- Escada Aqua Del Sol – $25 CAD: Mmmmm this is like summer in a bottle. It’s warm and bright and fruity and perfect for warmer weather. I’m going to try it out in the rollerball size if possible.
- Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Volume Mascara – $33 CAD: This is on my list as a result of this post on Beautezine; I love me a good volumizing mascara and I’m not afraid of clumps! I’m not usually one to buy non-drugstore mascaras, aside from Too Faced Better than Sex, but I think I’m going to give this a try to see how it compares.
- Benefit CORALista Blush – $36 CAD: This has also been on my list for a while, along with the Rockateur and I think I’m going to go with Coralista…I think?
- Buxom Eyeshadow (No Faux, La La Lavish, Posh Purple) – $15 CAD: I’m loving my customized Buxom eyeshadow palette and I want to add some of their more unique shades to my collection. I’ve been wanting No Faux forever but it’s always sold out – hoping I can snag it this time around.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask – $30 CAD I’ve been wanting to try this for years and I’m going to bite the bullet this time. My lips have been feeling really dry lately so I’m hoping this will help.
- Beauty Blender – $28 CAD: I bought my first Beauty Blender a year ago and it took me a while to warm up to it but now I can’t live without one. I’m trying out the Real Techniques and Quo versions and unfortunately I think the Beauty Blender is going to remain my favourite. Post comparing the 3 coming soon!
What are you buying at the Sephora sale? Let me know below!
Thanks for reading!