I know that everyone probably has Spring on their mind and it’s really thinking about Winter, but the reality is (at least where I live!) that Spring is still 2-3 months away. While that seems a little depressing, the bright side is we made it through January which, in my mind – is the worst month of the year!
Today I have a collection of my Winter Essentials. These are things that help me get through those cold, snowy (and slushy) winter months and make it a little more bearable.
- Emergenc-C: After being sick for over a month with whatever mutated flu virus I had, I’m determined not to get it again. I always like to have some of these on hand; it’s a powdered mix you add to water that has 1,000 mg of Vitamin C, zinc and electrolytes to boost your immune system. They come in little individual packets to that are super easy to throw in your purse or gym bag.
- Boot Rescue Wipes: Whoever invented these is a genius! I’ve been using boot wipes for the last two years and they’re a god-send; there’s nothing worse than having salt stains and mud splatters all over your boots in the winter. One swipe with these and they’re gone and back to being sparkling clean. I keep a pack of these at home and at work and I use them constantly.
- Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask: This saved my skin when I was sick! My skin was so dry and flaky from wiping my eyes constantly and was super parched. I broke this out one night, applied a generous dab of it all over my face and woke up to the softest, smoothest skin. I’ve been using it twice a week since and I can’t see myself going through another winter without it now.
- Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer: My favourite face primer for dry weather. I have combination skin but this leaves my skin looking glowy and hydrated but not oily or greasy.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy: I keep this on my night stand at night and use it as my overnight lip treatment. It works wonders and leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth in the morning.
- Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub: My lips are naturally dry and if I want to wear anything aside from a gloss or a balm on my lips, I need to exfoliate before. Bonus that you can lick off the excess scrub after applying it and it tastes like bubblegum!
- Delectable Strawberry & Cream Super Smoothing Body Polish: My skin gets ridiculously dry in the winter and if I want my moisturizer to absorb, I need to exfoliate several times a week. This scrub smells amazing (seriously, I want to eat it) and is effective yet gentle on my sensitive skin.
- Fossil Sydney Zip Phone Wallet: When I’m out and about during winter, wearing a thick winter coat, boots, scarf, sweater, etc. I don’t want to be dragging my purse with me on top of all of that. So I like having a wristlet that can hold my phone and all my cards too. I own a similar Kate Spade version and I love how convenient it is.
- Kate Spade New York Diagonal Stripe Portable Charger: I can’t make an essentials list without something from Kate Spade. I have one of these portable chargers and they’re so handy, especially at this time of year when my phone seems to die instantly when being exposed to the cold weather.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: This saved my hands throughout January when I was sick and washing my hands 24/7. When my hands get dry, my eczema flares up and this keeps it at bay. It leaves my hands feeling moisturized without feeling greasy and absorbs quickly.
- Bath & Body Works Hand Sanitizer: I’m religious user of hand sanitizer and B&BW’s version is my favourite. At this time of year when germs are running rampant, I kind of want to bathe in it but I limit myself to using it after taking transit, before eating meals and after using the restroom.
- HUE Super Opaque Tights: Hue makes my favourite tights; despite being control top, these are super comfortable and they last many wears.
- Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment: Hair masks are important to apply all year round, but especially during this time of year. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this hair mask and I can’t wait to give this a try once my current hair mask runs out.
- Orly Argan Oil Cuticle Drops: This is one of my favourite cuticle oil products; I actually see a difference after using this on a regular basis, and I have pretty rough and dry cuticles.
- RW & Co Shimmery Open Front Cardigan: I always dress in layers in Winter and a cozy cardi is a necessity. Love the subtle shimmer on this one, it just adds that little bit of something extra.
- American Eagle Socks: I have these socks and they are SO cute and comfy! They look great paired with leggings and a plaid shirt or comfy sweater.
- J-crew Chateau Parka: A classic wool coat is a winter wardrobe staple: I recently purchased one very similar to this and I love how the faux fur trim around the hood fancies it up. This J-Crew version comes in some fantastic bright colours too!
Thanks for reading!