I hope everyone had a great Christmas with family and friends! I can’t believe that Christmas has come and gone already – everything just seems to go by so fast. While Christmas was fun, it was super busy, a bit chaotic and stressful before and during so I enjoyed spending the last couple of days relaxing and decompressing. But now it’s time to get back into blogging!
Since the beginning of December I’ve been contemplating how to compile my top products of 2015…do I put everything into one post or break them out into categories in a series??? Then I saw Leighann Says do her Top 15 Favorites of 2015 on her YouTube channel and my decision was made – it seemed like an easy way to do it! I thought I’d have no issue narrowing my list down to 15 products…I was wrong! I was surprised at how many products I used this year that I actually liked! However I made sure I was mindful as I went through them so that the products I’m mentioning here were ones that I truly loved and actually deserved to be on my list. The majority of these have been included in my monthly Loves and Letdowns posts but there are a few that I have been enjoying over the last month or so too (and would have been included in my December Loves & Letdowns had I done one).
On to my list:
- Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Primer: The fact that I purchased the full size of this primer says a lot. I didn’t expect to like this as much as I did – I figured it would leave me greasy and oily by the end of the day but it actually does the opposite. It gives my skin a natural glow and leaves it feeling hydrated and moisturized. The combination of this with the Covergirl foundation below is perfection. Another bonus is the scent – it smells like coconut! Review here.
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation: I can’t believe that my favourite foundation of the year comes from the drugstore. Previously I’ve never had luck with getting drugstore foundations to work for me – they’ve always caused breakouts and I’ve had trouble getting the shades to match my skin tone. I have zero of those issues with this one. I’m actually on my second bottle of this and I fully expect to buy a third. Review here.
- Bare Minerals Skin Rev-er Upper: I don’t do thick moisturizers in the morning – my skin takes too long for them to absorb and I just don’t have the time. This can be used as a primer or a moisturizer, but I prefer to use it as the latter. It’s lightweight, absorbs quickly but still gives my skin the moisture it needs. Review here.
- CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion: This has replaced my Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid moisturizer that I used and loved for years; I find it provides similar results for quarter of the price. Review here.
- Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask: As per my review linked below, I find this works better as a scrub rather than a mask but it can be used either way. This is gentle while still being effective and it’s another drugstore bargain! Plus it lasts forever – I’ve been using this a couple times a week for the last 6 months and I’ve barely made a dent in it. Review here.
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleli Matte Bronzer: I’ve been wearing this religiously since I purchased the Too Faced Most Loved Set back in October. Despite it’s medium/deep shade description, it’s not as pigmented as expected. Which definitely isn’t a bad thing if you’re on the paler side like me. And the subtle cocoa scent is just the best. Review here.
- Milani Baked Blush – Luminoso: Everyone raves about this, and now I understand why. This shade is so universally flattering and devoid of the shimmer/ glitter in Nars Orgasm. And it’s drugstore! This has been my go-to blush for a little over the last month or so and I’m loving it!
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance: If I’m going to splurge on a eye primer, this will receive my money. This is another product I tried and fell in love with from the Too Faced Most Loved set (which I actually should have included in this list!) and it is easily the best higher end eye primer I’ve used. If you have oily lids like me, you’ll want to give this a try. Review here.
- Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eye Liner: I tried many liquid eyeliners this year and this one edged out the rest. It actually stays put, is super black and glides on smoothly. Highly recommended. Review here.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Okay, I will warn you – this mascara does flake But I don’t care because it does amazing things to my lashes. I love the huge bristley brush and the super black formula. It’s not perfect but its the closest I’ve found to it. Review here.
- Buxom Full-On Lip Cream – Rose Julep: I used to wear Buxom lip glosses years ago and I loved them…and I can’t remember why I stopped. I recently acquired 3 mini sizes of these and while I love all 3, Rose Julep has stood out the most. It’s just a perfect, everyday light pink shade. I’m halfway through the tube and I’ve only had it in my possession for the last couple weeks. I love how these leave a tingly sensation behind after I apply them and I feel like they actually do plump up my lips a bit (if only temporarily). Can’t wait to give more of these a try in 2016!
- Paul Mitchell Color Protect Daily Shampoo: Finding a shampoo that didn’t suck was a challenge this year and I tried out quite a few before I was successful. This adds just the right amount of moisture to my fine hair, while still giving it a bit of volume without causing frizziness. Bonus that it protects my colour as well.
- Chi Magnified Volume Hairspray: My hair feels like my biggest enemy some days and trying to find styling products that actually do what they say is a constant struggle. This hair spray has been such a great find for me – it gives my style a good strong hold but doesn’t leave it feeling sticky or crunchy. Review here.
- Beauty Blender: Previous to purchasing my Beauty Blender, I had tried a few knockoffs and was never all that impressed with them. Yet I kept reading rave reviews on this thing so I finally caved to the pressure and purchased one earlier this year. Best decision ever! I absolutely love how this applies my foundation and concealer and if I want to, I can use it apply powder, blush, bronzer and highlight too. And despite my continuous use over many months, it’s just starting to show signs of wear now. I’ll be buying another in 2016 I’m sure! Review here.
- Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: My one and only Real Techniques brush but my favourite foundation/face brush that I own. The bristles are soft, it fits comfortably in my hand, and most important – it gives my foundation that air-brushed effect. I couldn’t be happier with this brush! Review here.
What were your favourite beauty products of 2015? Are any of mine on your list?
Thanks for reading!