I hope you are all having a great week! I’ve slid off of my posting schedule due to the fact that I am currently without a laptop. I thought I was going to be able to do everything via my iPad until I realized that it’s impossible to connect a mouse to it. #damnyouapple. Anyways I’m going to try to put a few posts up as best I can without it so please bear with me!
I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by the lovely Robyn from Lipstick on the Lake. I’ve been following her blog for a few months now and I really enjoy all her posts – she particularly has lots of eyeshadow palette reviews which I can’t ever get enough of. Please go check her out!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nomination.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Lipstick on the Lake’s questions:
1. Why did you pick the name of your blog?
The name of my blog was inspired by two things – my beloved pooch and how I’d describe my sense of style. I’ll admit it – I’m blogging under an alias. My real name is not Maggie – it’s my dog’s name. I am a pretty private person and when I first started my blog, doing it under my real name scared me, for a bunch of different reasons. I felt (and still feel) that I could blog more freely by doing it this way. I may change my name at some point in the future, but for now this works.
2. What is your favorite type of makeup to buy?
Definitely mascara. It’s the one product I can’t live without.
3. What kind of camera do you use for your blog?
Currently just my iPhone 6. It gets the job done!
4. Favourite hot beverage?
Starbucks cinnamon dolce hot chocolate
5. How do you deal with writer’s block?
Honestly I rarely suffer from writer’s block – I moreso struggle with trying to squeeze in time to blog over anything else. If I’m feeling uninspired I typically like to visit some of my favorite blogs or watch videos from my favourite You Tubers and that gets my creative juices flowing.
6. What is the #1 item on your holiday wish list?
This is a hard one….to be honest there isn’t anything specific that I really want. I just always look forward to eating good food and spending time with family and friends. But I’ll never turn down any makeup/beauty-related gifts! 😉
7. What does your go-to outfit involve?
This is an easy one! Jeans and a t-shirt always. In winter I’ll throw on a comfy sweater or soft flannel shirt to keep warm.
8. Cats or dogs?
DOGS! I love my dog so much I named my blog after her. She’s my little ray of sunshine! 🌞
9. Why did you start blogging?
I used to write all the time when I was younger but at some point I just stopped doing it. I realized earlier this year how much I missed it and I had a burning desire to do something creative. I’m so glad I decide to start blogging – as much work as it is I enjoy it more than I could have imagined.
10. What is your favorite movie genre?
Hmmm…I’m going to go with comedy. I’m picky about what I find funny though so it can’t just be any comedy. Sarcasm/dry humor is my favorite.
11. What blog post are you most proud of? (link it)
Probably any of my This & That Friday posts; I started doing these a few months ago and I really enjoy writing them. I just write about whatever I want and include links to things I enjoyed throughout the week. I’ve been pretty good about consistently posting one every Friday (with the exception of last week) so I’m pretty proud of that.
1. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
2. What’s your favourite colour?
3. What’s your top beauty product of 2015?
4. What hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
5. Describe everything that makes up what you consider to be a perfect day.
6. Favorite tv show?
7. If you only had one day left on earth, what would your last meal include?
8. Share your best skincare tip.
9. On a Saturday night, do you like to go out or stay in?
10. What’s your favorite Holiday movie?
11. Name the blog post you’re most proud of and link it (similar to Lipstick on the Lake, I’m stealing this from a previous nominee because its a good one!)
I’m going to nominate my newest 11 followers:
Participate if you’re interested, no offense taken if you choose not to!
Thanks for reading!